Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Letter 2008




Dear Friends & Family,
2008 has been an interesting year. I’m not being to specific because I turned 40 this year and frankly can’t remember much anymore. Now that I’m 40 I’ve decided to get a tattoo and a belly ring. Just kidding Mom & Dad. (The rest of you can see them the next time we meet-wink, wink). Phil has had a trying year which included four surgeries so far-ear tubes in, skin cancer on his eye lid and ear removed, ear tubes out, kidney stones smashed and we are expecting further surgery for the stones next week as he’s still having pain. Phil also started on insulin this year for his diabetes and we anticipate back surgery in January. Now I know why he sent me to Nursing School! He’s a full-time job. Due to Phil’s rapid decline we were unable to make it to CT this summer. Hopefully next year we will make it North for the summer. My letter would not be complete without news of our cat, Tiger. Tiger has reduced his fighting with the other cats in the hood to a respectable once or twice a month. He hasn’t required emergency vet care this year for which we’re grateful. He did have a checkup with the vet in the Spring and she suggested he lose weight. I won’t tell you where he said she could stick her diet-you know how rude cats can be! Otherwise, it’s been a sparkling 2008 and we can’t wait to see what 2009 brings. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!
Love,
Phil & Sherry

3 comments:

Chuck said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
We will continue to keep you and especially Phil in our prayers. I also hope that you do get to come back to New England in 2009 - I will be great to catch up with you and your family in person. Merry Christmas

Vicki said...

Sherry, I didn't realize that Phil had so much going on this year, poor guy. I'll keep praying for him and I do hope that he will get better.
Hey, do you recall if Antique furniture is affordable up where you're from? I've been told that it was.

Chuck said...

Hello, so did you make it up to CT this year - I am hoping that you still check this once in a while. Tell your mother I said hello - I have lost track of most people since getting rid of my facebook account. I still keep in touch with your brother through his blog. Hope all is well with you and Phil.