Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jekyll Island, GA

Sailboat
Driftwood on the beach
Storm clouds
Phil watching me put up the tent in 130 degree weather
The finished product (I melted)
Driftwood beach
Clam Creek Cove
Clam Creek fishing pier


Phil and I spent Monday and Tuesday camping on Jekyll Island. The island is beautiful but I would not return until the fall or spring when it's cooler and not so humid. Camping was interesting. We haven't been camping in a long time so we learned a lot and I'm sure the next camping trip will go smoother. The campground was in a good location on the North end of the island but the sites were small and right on top of each other and the bathrooms and showers were in need of cleaning and repairs. Our next camping trip will be to the GA mountains where it is much cooler!

No comments: